Wednesday, December 19

Christmas I Spy

It's Whipped Up Wednesday!  
Where I share something I just whipped up.

This weeks project looks way more impressive than it really is.  
I found the pic and tutorial HERE at Moda Bakeshop though Pinterest.  I knew exactly what I wanted to do with it!  The pattern is fairly simple which I LOVE.  I didn't follow the actual instructions because I had a pack of precut Christmas I Spy squares from a swap so mine were 6.5 inches.  I simply cut a few of them down a little.  Then I cut some green squares from some fabric I already had. I had to put my own little twist on it!

My CHRISTMAS I SPY!!
As you can see I had to put my own little twist by using squares through-out.  She used strips for part of it to make it easier.  I couldn't do that if I was gunna make it an awesome I Spy!  Also, I made the bottom triangles brown for a trunk.  (Of course not just because I ran our of green fabric...)  And I cut out my star and just appliqued it on.  Easy Peasy!
The kids were so excited to snuggle with it when it was done.  We watched a The Santa Clause with Tim Allen, drank hot cocoa and snuggled.  I love when a fun quilt is finally done!

No comments:

Post a Comment